General dentistry covers a broad range of services—from routine cleanings and gum maintenance to fillings, crown bridges, and major restorative actions. Your general dentist diagnoses, treats and oversees you and your family’s dental treatment, so choosing an excellent one can increase your chances of maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile.
Choosing right general dentist
Here are six factors to consider in choosing a general dentist:
- Ask for Referrals. Try asking your friends, family members, neighbors, or associates for recommendations. Your local doctor or pharmacist might also be able to make a recommendation. The American Dental Association website can assist you in finding members in your area. https://findadentist.ada.org
- What are dentist’s education and credentials? What is the dentist’s level of education and what certificates and continuing education has the dentist completed? The more credentials and expertise the dentist has, the more likely it is that all of your dental needs can be met in a single office.
- Is the dentist a good listener? Not only should a dentist be knowledgeable and skilled as a practitioner, but it is equally important that your dentist listens to you and makes you feel comfortable expressing your concerns. The time spent understanding your views and situation can equate to higher-quality, more individualized care and better results.
- What kind of atmosphere does the dental practice provide? Do the dentist and staff make you feel comfortable? How do they treat patients—and each other? A friendly environment goes far in making your dental care go smoothly. You may be able to get a feel for atmosphere by looking at the dentist’s website and viewing the pictures and patient testimonials. Visiting in person is, however, the best way to know whether you feel comfortable.
- What is the dentist’s approach to preventative dentistry? We cannot rely solely on the dentist to keep a healthy smile. We need dentists and staff who are committed to properly educating us on good habits and ways to achieve excellent oral health. You can often learn about the dentist’s approach to preventative dentistry on the “about us” or “about the doctor” pages of a website.
- Can the dentist accommodate my schedule? Chances are you and your family have only certain windows of time for dental appointments. You want to make sure that the dentist offers appointment hours that are convenient for you. These are typically listed on their websites.
Why Choose Dr. Padolsky as your general dentist?
Dr. Padolsky has been practicing dentistry for over 30 years and is committed to giving his patients the best care possible. Dr. Padolsky offers a wide range of services to the entire family—from routine check-ups to or more complex procedures as well as dental emergency care. He is excellent with children and highly experienced in treating them.
Dr. Padolsky is known for his warm and caring manner. He and our friendly staff take the needed time to get to know you. We strive to ensure that you and your family are comfortable throughout your dental procedures. We offer convenient hours and are open on Saturdays to make it easier for you to come in for your appointments.
Call 404-476-5504 to make an appointment or click here to request an appointment online.